Saturday, September 4, 2010

Checking In

So these last few weeks have been very strange for me. We had a death in the family that put most of my work on hold for the most part, but I'm starting to get back on track now.

Previously, I signed up to be part of Ohayocon's Artist Alley, which is a non-fanart alley (which seems weird to me, being an anime convention and all) So I've taken the opportunity to design my characters as adorable little chibis :) Not sure what I'll do with them yet... magnets? Stickers? keychains? any ideas? who knows... but look how cute!



I've also thumbnailed through Chapter Five! How accomplished! Right now I'm finishing up the watercolor panels that I had to re-do for chapter one, and it will be complete! That will feel good to have it finally fully finished.

On another note, I recently had a little breakdown (as all artists do) on the direction (or lack there of) that I am going as an artist- and a person in general really. But I've taken this as an opportunity to change things in my life. I'm currently looking into a new waitressing job at a more upscale establishment which will provide me with more money in less hours, opening up more time to dedicate to my art. Right now I feel like all I do is work at the restaurant, come home, and sleep. I also got offered to room with a few friends of mine, but considering my financial and home situations, I've decided now is not the best time. Perhaps next spring I'll finally get out on my own again. That will be nice.

In other news, I have also been wasting my time drawing fanart. So it goes...

No comments: