Tuesday, September 28, 2010

24 Hour Comics Day



it's this Saturday! I'm actually going to be doing my 24 hour comic in Lowell this year @ Larry's Comics "the 5th Largest, 11th Nicest Comic Shop in New England". I've actually never been there, because the last time I was in Lowell was like, 5th grade to visit the mills on a school field trip. My first year not participating up in Maine :( I will miss you crazy Portland comicers!

I think I'm going to do a similar thing that I tried a few years back but left early and never actually made any progress on. Instead of trying to create a whole new 24 page short comic, I'm just going to do 24 comic strips. I'm not sure if I'll be making 24 Apt C-3 strips, 24 2:15 strips, or 12&12 of each. We'll see... It'll be a good chance for me to take a break from my Ravenstar project and get a good chunk of my webcomic strips under my belt. Maybe it'll be the push I need to really get back in the groove with those.

In addition to being 24 Hour Comics Day, October 2nd also marks the 1 year anniversary of the opening of Jay Shay Gallery! We made it without going bankrupt! I still can't believe it's been a whole year since I opened up! How the time flies...

In other news- I'm moving to Ipswich in November with two of my friends from high school... who both now happen to be teachers. I am looking forward to apartment living again! Just hope I can afford it- AH!

Which reminds me, I still have my art up for sale: HERE
and am still always taking commissions: HERE

So toss a few bucks my way will ya?!

No comments: